October 19, 2013

Adjustment, Adjustment, Adjustment

September 30

I still had a dilemma about leaving Kasbah at home while I went to work. The big crate's screws were missing and the tie-down I installed for Poppy last year allowed him access (read: chew opportunity) to the couch. What to do? Take him to work, of course. Pops and Jim were not happy to be left behind but 3 dogs in the office were more than I could reasonably manage and still get any work done. He was a very good boy until the end of the day when he barked at my boss.


Donna from Bad Rap supplied the answer to my problem -- zip ties!  (What would the world be like without duct tape and zip ties?) The crate was complete and in went Kas for the night with a tasty bribe, and no accidents the following morning.

Of course, Kasbah found another, better way to be naughty.

October 1

Back from our a.m. walk, the dogs were playing in the living room as I readied for work. Not 3 minutes passed after I left the room to unload the dryer and I came back to find the coffee filter cone missing from the pot. What? <sigh> Further investigation revealed it was sitting on the couch with its contents strewn all over the cushions. Good thing the little sofa is 1) secondhand, and 2) black leather. <double sigh> Of course, Kas looked completely innocent and wanted to play with the darned thing when I picked it up. Note to self: Move everything back from the edge of counter tops and stove by at least 12 inches.

October 4

One of the hottest days I can remember... Stepping out of the side door was like walking into an oven. Ugh! I don't much care for this kind of heat and neither do the dogs, it seems. They spent most of the day napping on various surfaces--couch, floor, couch, floor. Nobody here wanted to do more than try to find the coolest spot and then stay put. Kasbah's solution: bare his belly to the ceiling fan's breeze.


October 6

Hiding behind my skirts after a "little" snarked at him...
Today marked the annual Blessing of the Animals at my church and workplace. I figured Kasbah and I could use help from all quarters so a blessing sounded good. I didn't count on the high number of little dogs participating in the ritual and, after one particularly cute but aggressive dust mop snarked at Kas, I decided he wasn't ready for this kind of encounter. I believe in setting my dogs up for success and this event wasn't an appropriate arena in which to test the big boy's ability to get along with "littles." I don't think he cottoned to the idea either as demonstrated in the left photo.


More next week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment